Osborne 10 RF is a extraordinary sweet wine with a light mahogany colour, with a rich, intense flavour. Semi-sweet with dried fruits taste. Enjoy it cold as a starter or pairing a grest dessert!
- View: Osborne 10 RF has a brilliant, lightly viscous mahogany colour.
- Nose: Sweet notes of raisins, toasts, nuts and vanilla.
- Mouth: Smooth on the palate and lusciously sweet, with figs, raisins and dried apricots flavours, migled with well integrated oak.
- Serving Temperature: 12-16ºC
- Pairing: Super as an aperitif or following a good meal. Also pairs delightfully with soups, white meat, blue fish and cured cheeses. Try it on the rocks with an orange slice. Delicious!!
Gold Medal Wine & Spirits Awards Best Value 2014
- Cellar: Bodegas Osborne
- Grapes: Palomino and Pedro Ximenez
- Wine Type: Oloroso Medium
- Vintage: Various vintages
- Appellation: Jerez-Xèrez-Sherry
- Alcohol content: 19% Vol.
- Soil: Albariza type, with great capacity for holding back water and a predominantly chalices composition, a type of terrain that has good penetration of roots for getting of the most diverse substrates, which are then transmitted to the wine.
- Climate: Warm , hot in summer and significant influence of the nearby Atlantic Ocean, thus westerly winds in summer, such as frequent morning mists, which are moderate but continuous water supply for the plant climate.
- Winemaking: The Palomino grapes are gently harvested by hand and carried in small boxes to avoid damages to the grapes. Then, they are softly pressed, followed by fermentation at a controlled temperature of 24ºC/75ºF. Once the wine achieves 11%-12% abv, wine spirit is added up to 17% abv. The fortified wine is the transferred to 500 litre American oak casks, where ages for 6 years through the unique system of Soleras.The special microclimate in El Puerto de Santa María, where our Bodegas are located, allows this oxidative aging process to occur smoothly, imprinting its marvellous personality to the wine.